Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Fall and The Fight Back...

Shaking floor and shivering cold

Woke me up from my deep sleep

I looked around to find help

I could see nothing as the darkness was blinding deep


I panicked and awaited

For terror to show its face

I knew a storm had reached my door

And I knew that it would leave its’ trace.


I knew that I would face the horror again

The horror I had faced a few years back

I knew that it would be as difficult as it was then

To bring my life back in the track


Suddenly the door banged open

And dust and storm swept me away

Away from that dream that I was dreaming

To a known but painful way.


Everything sweet started tasting sour

Every smile looked like a frown

Many dreams shattered on the floor

All the hands only pulled me down.


Fighting my way through that maze

I tried my best to find my way back

I only found many more mazes

Drifting me away from my track.


The goal was not far, neither near,

It was just blurring from the dust

All the strings were breaking

Life was moving away, and fast!


A drop of tear rolled down my cheek,

But I wiped it as fast as I could

As this drop would show my defeat

When, in that war, I still firmly stood.


I had to keep on fighting

Against that truth of life and its trace

I had to show that I was not a failure

I still firmly held on my place.


I knew that the storm was not a dream

It was rather a wake-up call

To wake me up from my dream

Before I could trip and fall.


I knew that there were many people

Who still believed in me and my worth

I knew that I still had time to show

Who I was and what was my worth.


All the sarcasm and all the laughter

Were but helping my determination

I was preparing to fight my way

Through that road; a Satan’s creation.


I had walked then and I will walk now

I will make my mark again

I will not fall prey to the agonies of useless satire

I will overcome this too, beyond the accompanied pain.



No comments: